Pandemonium
Attention!!
Welcome to the Pandemonium Board you need to contribute daily to this board. It IS a requirement to post atleast 3 or 4 posts a month.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 28 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:36 pm
Log in

I forgot my password


My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by BanHamma on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:00 am

i shall begin to de-virginize this section by suggesting yet another idea!

first of all, i noticed how we have a section called hacker clans. how about expanding this section to relate to players as well. this thread could contain players who not necessarily are confirmed hackers, but have been deemed as suspicious by a member or members of our community.

my second idea is to make yet another section (or a subsection to the hackers clan) called something along the lines of "review" section. this place would serve as an area where people come and post videos, to get the public's opinion, with questionable materials such as whether say the target person is a hacker or not. i dont know about many of you but as of recent times that i started using fraps, and began reviewing my videos, i started seeing questionable material that might be a hack, however, due to the lack of experience or lack of general acknowledgment i am not sure as if to consider the person a hacker and whether to report them. this section would serve to help alleviate such a problem and could also be used to warn others of possible suspicions (which can lead to more captured footage of the hacker/s in question).

if u are wondering as to why i have such a personal interest as to the "hacking" related topics it's because i love this clan Razz
nowadays you cant easily tell who is a hacker (since many are still stuck in the closet on this issue). this leads many people to assume that a good player is automatically a hacker. now unfortunately for this clans reputation, we had a CBL dirty status, had a few hackers, and most of all had a BUNCH of asses in this clan which negatively impacted our status. now like i said, this was the best clan (and still is) in terms of community that i have ever been part of. it sure as hell is just as good if not better than most other clans i have been (not many to be honest). because we had such a bad association with us during one point, i feel like it left a grand mark upon the clan that we are automatically assumed hackers and hated on and rage kicked by many ppl and clans alike! this is so to say a "scarlet letter" that we obtained (i hope at least one person on this forum gets the gist of this statement). now i feel that because we bear this negative association and hate, that doesnt mean we cant use it to our advantage. i personally feel that if i encounter a possible hacker, and they see that im in Pandemonium, them thinking that this is a hacker clan, then they are more likely to use hacks to out do me and triumph over me to mke themselves look good. thats where i sit back, dont complain and let the cameras roll (well frames to be exact lol).
all that i am asking is that if you the community would be so kind as to help and make combat arms a better place by least of all attempting to put all those hackers to justice. let them face the Ban Hammer Razz

so what do you think? can this community become the little inside hacker police or am i just crazy and have too much time on my hands on a thursday night? haha! if someone managed to read the whole "eassay" worth of writing that i posted i salute you on your patience and self will.
btw, i havent been on CA for a while....and probably wont be on any time soon...due to school related reasons. but as you can see i am willing to be a contributing member of this forum. i hope i wont be looked down on by you guys and that i may be respected. let this be my introduction to the forums!!!!
avatar
BanHamma
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 364
Join date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by eafd on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:30 am

Making a little hacker list on he forums isn't gonna cut it, because we need to spend the time to search the thread and people won't remember names. What we need is a table like form to fill out and then we can submit. After we submit, the name appears up on a page in the forums, then that page is searchable.



Listen to eafd whenever he says someone is a hacker I'm usually 99% right when someone hacks. It's uncanny

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Posts : 2173
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 106
Location : i'm 99 years old

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by BanHamma on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:46 am

eafd wrote:Making a little hacker list on he forums isn't gonna cut it, because we need to spend the time to search the thread and people won't remember names. What we need is a table like form to fill out and then we can submit. After we submit, the name appears up on a page in the forums, then that page is searchable.



Listen to eafd whenever he says someone is a hacker I'm usually 99% right when someone hacks. It's uncanny

yes that is the way to go. but first we need a section where people can post their claims and hopefully some sort of proof...no matter how meager it may seem. then it would be up to the community to review this claim and establish whether the person is hacking/ not hacking/ or undecided. once enough people have stated their opinion only then the person in question would get transferred onto a master list (which would be stickied) which will also contain a link to the thread where they were discussed. with this master list in existence, it can serve as a reference as to who to look out for or to see if the person you want to report is already on this list. mind you if someone is a straight up hacker (opk, fly, aimbot) then skip this step and report them to cbl first, then make sure you mention his/her name + proof on the forum, since cbl reports actually take a while to go through.

and eafd since when are you the haxorz expert? haha but to be honest i do not think i have ever seen you claim someone to be a hacker,excluding when ur joking to ur friend >_<. btw tnx for reading and replying. ur support is highly valued!

also, if this actually goes through, i would be honored to keep track and keep everything in order in this section. (so if someone is too lazy for this, im willing to be the one in charge of it). tnx.
avatar
BanHamma
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 364
Join date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by blancanunca on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:27 am

http://thecaconline.net/cbl/info.html

http://thecaconline.net/cbl/info/faq.html

The section already in this forum can be used for the "fishy" players that don't have confirmed evidence against them yet.

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 432
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by Bee8 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:49 am

i have question who are you banhama never seen you in clan before o.O?
avatar
Bee8
Power Poster
Power Poster

Posts : 973
Join date : 2010-04-04
Age : 26
Location : Bomberman's ( )

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by BanHamma on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:09 pm

blancanunca wrote:http://thecaconline.net/cbl/info.html

http://thecaconline.net/cbl/info/faq.html

The section already in this forum can be used for the "fishy" players that don't have confirmed evidence against them yet.

im confused as to what u r alluding? do you mean the section on pande? or a section on cbl?
so for instance, say i have a video right now that i wish someone (or a group of people) to review it to see if it looks like there is a possibility of hacks involved, but before i actually submit it through the cbl report form. where do you say i should post this?

btw, bee, i am ex!
avatar
BanHamma
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 364
Join date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by blancanunca on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:00 pm

pretty much, everything that you've said is already being done by the CBL, so just use the CBL...

If you have evidence of someone hacking just send it to the CBL, even if you're unsure, unless it's something you don't think you have enough proof of, then it can go here.

The "hacking clans" or whatever thread on this site can be for people that we think are fishy, i.e. someone hiding an aimbot rather cleverly, or someone chamming. Aimbot reports for CBL need to be obvious, and chams is the most difficult thing to prove. If you send in evidence to CBL and it gets voided as insufficient, you can talk about it here saying they are fishy, and we should avoid them, even though they aren't CBL dirty.


blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 432
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by DaddyAshuu on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:05 pm

BanHamma wrote:
blancanunca wrote:http://thecaconline.net/cbl/info.html

http://thecaconline.net/cbl/info/faq.html

The section already in this forum can be used for the "fishy" players that don't have confirmed evidence against them yet.

im confused as to what u r alluding? do you mean the section on pande? or a section on cbl?
so for instance, say i have a video right now that i wish someone (or a group of people) to review it to see if it looks like there is a possibility of hacks involved, but before i actually submit it through the cbl report form. where do you say i should post this?

btw, bee, i am ex!

Hey Ban..

I changed the hacker forum to one where you can post your youtube vids and then ask for comments...I changed it from what I had before, since I wasn't getting to many reports that way...let me think about it and ask the other admins and I'll see I might let you moderate for this forum if you really want to do this..

_____________________________________________


avatar
DaddyAshuu
Admin

Posts : 2168
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 49
Location : Molokai

http://pandemonium.simplygaming.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by BanHamma on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:16 pm

blancanunca wrote:pretty much, everything that you've said is already being done by the CBL, so just use the CBL...

If you have evidence of someone hacking just send it to the CBL, even if you're unsure, unless it's something you don't think you have enough proof of, then it can go here.

The "hacking clans" or whatever thread on this site can be for people that we think are fishy, i.e. someone hiding an aimbot rather cleverly, or someone chamming. Aimbot reports for CBL need to be obvious, and chams is the most difficult thing to prove. If you send in evidence to CBL and it gets voided as insufficient, you can talk about it here saying they are fishy, and we should avoid them, even though they aren't CBL dirty.


then this sums up to be exactly what i was proposing ^_^. thanks for being insightful and understanding blanc. and daddy tnx for the change. if you do end up letting me be a moderator, let me suggest that you only give me access to that one section (due to my relative freshness at this forum, it might seems unwise to make a moderator so early and so easily....even though i LOVE HIS CLAN!!! lol). if all goes well then maybe someday when you guys deem it right or when i feel like im up for the task you can extend my privileges to those of a full mod. thanks.
avatar
BanHamma
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 364
Join date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by DaddyAshuu on Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:25 pm

BanHamma wrote:if you do end up letting me be a moderator, let me suggest that you only give me access to that one section (due to my relative freshness at this forum, it might seems unwise to make a moderator so early and so easily....even though i LOVE HIS CLAN!!! lol). if all goes well then maybe someday when you guys deem it right or when i feel like im up for the task you can extend my privileges to those of a full mod. thanks.

Let me talk with the admins and see what they say..and yes..it would only be for the "Dam Hackers" forum right now..

Appreciate your ideas and help tho!

_____________________________________________


avatar
DaddyAshuu
Admin

Posts : 2168
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 49
Location : Molokai

http://pandemonium.simplygaming.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by gilgamesh993 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:52 pm

i dont see any harm in submitting obvious hacker info here, blanca. i think that what exboi.. is doing here is making it so we know who the hackers are. not necessarily meant specifically for banning and reporting. I only say that though because im lazy and dont really feel like reporting anyone or finding evidence for it. so the way i would probably find it most useful is to check who u guys think hacks and then be careful of that person in game if i see them.

then again, if u catch someone hacking it can be a hassle to find the evidence for it, upload a vid and show us here. it might be unsatisfactory in the sense that all the attention it will probably get is, "Oh yeah he hacks" *next topic*. so in that sense i probably wouldnt go through all that trouble if i saw a definite hacker and maybe u wouldnt want to either.

anything u decide, im ok with it because ur basically piloting it for our site, which is pretty exciting. but on the other hand.. u have different fingers. if u know what i mean.

_____________________________________________
ht-t-p-:-/-/-f-c0-6-.-d-e-v-i-a-n-t-a-r-t-.-n-e-t-/f-s-2-8-/-f-/-2-0-08-/-1-5-1/1/5/Takeover_Stamp_by_JetProwerTheFox.p/ng
avatar
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Posts : 2808
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 23
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by BlackLevia on Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Good day exclusive.

Too long a paragraph. Short attention span.

Byebye.
avatar
BlackLevia
Super Poster
Super Poster

Posts : 513
Join date : 2010-06-16
Location : Tartarus

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by blancanunca on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:54 pm

There's no need to post very obvious hackers here, or CBL dirty players / clans here.

The way i saw this thread was, if we are CWing, we would check CBL to see if they are dirty, then we could check this website to see if others in this clan think they are fishy.

like with chams // hiding aimbots (fishy gameplay), that would go here. But posting on this site of someone that already had 5 OPK reports on CBL, then posting a video of them OPKing on this site would just be silly.


Title of a thread: lady_dark666 ; Os Vigaristas

that way we can come onto that section of the forum and either ctrl+f, or use the search function for the clan name.

So... the threads usefulness would be in that the players on this forum are not already CBL dirty... pretty much. I only really see it being useful during clanwars, unless u want to memorize the names of players / look people up while puging. lol


gilgamesh993 wrote:i think that what exboi.. is doing here is making it so we know who the hackers are. not necessarily meant specifically for banning and reporting.
that's what CBL is for. http://thecaconline.net/cbl/search.html



Why should I report someone on the CBL and at Nexon?
When a player is reported to the Community Ban List with decisive evidence, the report is entered into a database that is easily searchable. This allows anyone to determine whether an individual player or even a whole clan has a history of exploiting the game. When a report is made at the CBL website it generates forum code to make the reporting process at Nexon simple and easier for Nexon employees to read. Reporting a player at the CBL site allows us to keep track of the player and offenses and reporting to Nexon gives them the evidence needed to take appropriate action against the offender.

Someone told me the CBL automatically bans players, is this true?

The CBL does not ban players, but lists their status as either "dirty," meaning they have confirmed reports of either hacking, glitching, exploits, or a ToS Violation; or "clean," meaning they have no reports against them. Clans are automatically assigned "dirty" status if they have members who are confirmed as "dirty" themselves. Users are encouraged to make their own decisions when viewing reports and evidence to decide of someone should be considered a "cheater."

If you guys seriously want a miniature CBL on this forum, that's fine... but i think it would be better if you have conclusive evidence of someone hacking to just send it to CBL, and if you "think" someone hacks and don't have enough evidence to convict them, make a thread on it here with just the "name ; clan" thing like i did, then with a little explanation or evidence if u want to (takes time, like gil said). That about sums it up, most effective way of doing it imo.

My fingers are tied, if you know what i mean. =o

P.S. posting unconfirmed evidence of a player cheating on the CBL forums is considered harassment, so we may want to be a bit careful, even though this is just a clan forum xD

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 432
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by DaddyAshuu on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:02 pm

blancanunca wrote:There's no need to post very obvious hackers here, or CBL dirty players / clans here.

The way i saw this thread was, if we are CWing, we would check CBL to see if they are dirty, then we could check this website to see if others in this clan think they are fishy.

like with chams // hiding aimbots (fishy gameplay), that would go here. But posting on this site of someone that already had 5 OPK reports on CBL, then posting a video of them OPKing on this site would just be silly.


Title of a thread: lady_dark666 ; Os Vigaristas

that way we can come onto that section of the forum and either ctrl+f, or use the search function for the clan name.

Yes, that what I was thinking also..another thing is that as a suggestion is we only look at players who would have something to lose..like a high-rank umm maybe CMS4 and higher?

_____________________________________________


avatar
DaddyAshuu
Admin

Posts : 2168
Join date : 2010-03-11
Age : 49
Location : Molokai

http://pandemonium.simplygaming.org/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by blancanunca on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:29 pm

well if it's fishy players that we are posting about, i consider anyone below CSM to be fishy...but not worth the bother. You don't see nearly as many CSM's hack, but they still do, so i think CSM1+ would be an acceptable rank limit for players on the forum.

I know i differentiate between msg's with a 2kd and csm's with a 2kd. Like, if i see a msg with a 2kd i probably wouldn't play against them. But, if it was a csm, i would probably take my chances, and not be as worried.

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 432
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by gilgamesh993 on Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:58 pm

obviously i wouldnt consider reporting someone to a mini cbl here if they're already cbl dirty. thats unnecessary. maybe i said something like that above. too lazy to look back. but yeah. it would indeed be redundant and just a waste of time. that, i remember saying. i kind of assumed that we wouldnt be reporting people that were already cbl dirty here.. just people that were suspicious and we didnt have any hard evidence.

so yeah i agree with u guys basically on everything because im a pushover, put it would also give this site more of a multi task feel, which is nice. i probably wouldnt really check it as backup though, since i just ignore hackers.

gilgamesh993 wrote:but on the other hand.. u have different fingers. if u know what i mean.
blancanunca wrote:My fingers are tied, if you know what i mean.

touche blanca, touche. =u=

_____________________________________________
ht-t-p-:-/-/-f-c0-6-.-d-e-v-i-a-n-t-a-r-t-.-n-e-t-/f-s-2-8-/-f-/-2-0-08-/-1-5-1/1/5/Takeover_Stamp_by_JetProwerTheFox.p/ng
avatar
gilgamesh993
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Posts : 2808
Join date : 2010-03-13
Age : 23
Location : Mars

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by blancanunca on Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:39 pm

things that are assumed by some, will be done by others if they are not told... kinda had to restate some obvious things =/

blancanunca
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 432
Join date : 2010-03-14
Age : 24
Location : Michigan

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by BanHamma on Sat Sep 04, 2010 4:33 am

ok back for more elaboration guys. i dont mean to offend, but i feel like blanc has taken my idea slightly out of context and tried to convey a false sense of perception in an attempt to explain and reason with the idea. first of all, i never meant to imply that we should all go here to report hackers. however, what i did wish to establish was a place where you come to if you are not sure! meaning, that if you encountered a suspicious character (whatever the circumstance may be) and you are unable to make up your mind as to whether the individual in question is guilty of such heinous acts as hacking (lol too much Dumas reading on my mind), then you may come into this specialized section and post your proofs and try to elaborate as to why you suspect them of being a hacker and how this is evident in the proof that you had given. the community then looks at this proof/question and tries to establish if the person hacks or not. Remember, because there is proof, doesn't mean someone is automatically a hacker, vise-versa. Therefore, this section can serve as a reference source, for suspicious players, which should be looked on with caution when playing with or against. (there would be a master sheet, a stickied thread, which would have a list of such unconfirmed but suspicious individuals. all those that check out clean, or are already CBL dirty should be excluded from this list and ignored). btw, take caution also involves trying to see if they observe behavior similar to that of a hacker, and if so trying to obtain proof and trying to report them to cbl, or if evidence be inconclusive, should be provided here for further insight.

think of it in the similar perspective as when blanc posted the video of dilotronix potentially aimbotting; also, think of that time someone posted a thread "RainHeaven no recoil/spread hacking?". now i dont know how the whole ordeal went down, or what consequences arose, if any, but i wanted to see a dedicated section for such a thread. never was it my intention to make a police out of us, but simply to diversify the scope of interests that this forum may employ.

in layman terms: i hoped to see a DEDICATED section where you go to ask for advice on hackers/ing, and to warn the community about people that might be hackers, but there is no successful proof yet (since as i recall blanc mentioned, chamming is one of the hardest of hacks to prove). meaning that the proof is not yet solid but may provide insight for when it comes to playing with these ppl (and may lead to others capturing good proof).

also, i remember first seeing people who were cbl clean for as long as a month (if not more) before they actually got cbl dirty. this could easily be due to the time it takes for a report to made, reviewed, and finalized. also, it may be due to lack of proof evident (some ppl are just too apathetic to press the record button, but have no problem QQ about hacks for hours!). finally, it may be due to the fact that some ppl have SKILLS...at hiding their hax!!!

just to mention and not forget, i feel like gil was on the right track when thinking about this. this would be a simple reference section/thread for those that are suspicious but are not cbl dirty. this doesn't mean that we all have to check this list everyday for updates and memorize all the possible offenders! NO! nor does it mean that we should trail them everywhere and spy on their every move in an attempt to obtain evidence. not at all! it would simply exist for those that WANT to check it out. whether it be that you are bored, want to see if anybody else in your clan suspects a person, or want to make a contribution/ask a question, all would be alright and at your own liberty!

p.s: gil i noticed how apathetic u are to hackers. i never seen u QQ not even complain. also, if something is not well you just leave rather than make a fuss (that's a win in my book). kinda like me lol.
and blanc, i hope you may understand my point. look at the post that i already made there. that's what was meant of this section to become. i had a hunch and before being irrational and rage reporting, i provided it here for your considerations. now that i have your opinions i know what actions to take.

avatar
BanHamma
Commoner
Commoner

Posts : 364
Join date : 2010-08-20

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by eafd on Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:40 pm

BanHamma wrote:
eafd wrote:Making a little hacker list on he forums isn't gonna cut it, because we need to spend the time to search the thread and people won't remember names. What we need is a table like form to fill out and then we can submit. After we submit, the name appears up on a page in the forums, then that page is searchable.



Listen to eafd whenever he says someone is a hacker I'm usually 99% right when someone hacks. It's uncanny

yes that is the way to go. but first we need a section where people can post their claims and hopefully some sort of proof...no matter how meager it may seem. then it would be up to the community to review this claim and establish whether the person is hacking/ not hacking/ or undecided. once enough people have stated their opinion only then the person in question would get transferred onto a master list (which would be stickied) which will also contain a link to the thread where they were discussed. with this master list in existence, it can serve as a reference as to who to look out for or to see if the person you want to report is already on this list. mind you if someone is a straight up hacker (opk, fly, aimbot) then skip this step and report them to cbl first, then make sure you mention his/her name + proof on the forum, since cbl reports actually take a while to go through.

and eafd since when are you the haxorz expert? haha but to be honest i do not think i have ever seen you claim someone to be a hacker,excluding when ur joking to ur friend >_<. btw tnx for reading and replying. ur support is highly valued!

also, if this actually goes through, i would be honored to keep track and keep everything in order in this section. (so if someone is too lazy for this, im willing to be the one in charge of it). tnx.

not as many people as you think hack.

usually every few games i see one >: (

it's a combination of factors-

kill speed (this determines aimbot and no spread/recoil, usually the faster they can kill you the more likely they are to hack)

you also need to be very observant, watch for twitches

i don't go around hackusating everybody. borderline suspicious = fraps

eafd
Elite Poster
Elite Poster

Posts : 2173
Join date : 2010-04-28
Age : 106
Location : i'm 99 years old

Back to top Go down

Re: My Intro: Request/ Suggestions and Your Ideas!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum